Friday, October 7, 2011

MDS Blog Hop: Halloween Party

This week our theme is Halloween Party. This could be anything you would use to throw a Halloween party: invitations, games, favors, etc. I chose to focus on favors and treat bags. First I created my tags (design inspired by Michelle Wooderson) and bag toppers in My Digital Studio. Then I printed them on Whisper White card stock and cut them out. Then I used them on multiple projects to show you all the ways you could use them for a party.

Stampin' Up!'s new long skinny cello bags are perfect for favors! Just fill them with candy or Halloween pencils.

I played with dressing them up. Attach them to cello bags with ribbon, twine, or a clip. Attach real buttons to add dimension.

Wrap an Oreo brownie with ribbon and attach a tag for a quick, cute treat! I also added a scallop border, paper piercing, and a flower punch and glimmer brad to dress up the tag.
I stapled the bag toppers to cello bags filled with candy and Halloween Oreos. Basic Black card stock punched with a scallop border punch behind the toppers adds a finished look.

And finally, I created a card to show the tags' versatility. I created a black pocket with sticky strip and slipped a candy corn filled cello bag into the pocket. I used a Textured Impressions Folder on the card base that was sponged in black to give the spider web a little bit of oomph. I also punched another Pumpkin face out of an extra tag and popped it up using Dimensionals.

Now for the fabulously awesome good news: YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THESE TAGS AND TOPPERS AS A FREE PRINTABLE TO USE FOR YOUR PROJECTS!
Just click on the links below and then on "Click here to start download from MediaFire"
Halloween Tags Printable
Halloween Party Toppers Printable

Please show me what you create with them! (As a thank you, please click over on the right > and become one of my followers.)


Digital supplies used:



Paper supplies used:


Now go check out some spooky party projects!

8. Erica Shaw (you're here)
11. Holly VanDyne

3 comments:

  1. Erica, these are fantastic projects! I love all the cute ways you packaged the treats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT!!! I love the headers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to vote for the best of the best this week, you would get my vote.... GRAT job,,, thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...